- Nolans of Kilcullen
- From Farm to Fork
- Recipes & Meat Guide
- Our Products
Bundles of Asparagus and Smoked Salmon
We stock Birgitta’s wonderful Burren Smoked Salmon which is constantly winning awards and which was very well received by none other than her Majesty the Queen of England.
Very easy and fast seasonal recipe (ca. 30 min) which will be great for buffets, brunches and picnics as it can be prepared in advance and is served cold.
- 1 bunch / about 20 spears (green) asparagus
- 2 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tblsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
- 500g / 1.1 lb thinly sliced Burren smoked Irish Organic salmon (1 slice per asparagus spear) Available in Nolans of Kilcullen
Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C. Cut off the ends of the asparagus spears, and spread out the spears on a baking sheet lined with tinfoil. Drizzle the spears with olive oil and sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper. Roast until cooked and starting to brown around the edges, which will take about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to another baking sheet to cool.When the asparagus have cooled, wrap each one in a slice of smoked salmon. Arrange on a serving platter and serve at room temperature.